PRESENTATIONS FOR MIDDLE AND HIGH SCHOOLS
Alternatives for Youth (AFY) staff conduct presentations to teens in school covering the topics of:
- How substances effect the teenage brain and body
- Emotional Intelligence
- Depression and Coping Skills
Presentations are available for individual classrooms or for school assemblies.
To Schedule A Presentation In Your School, please call the Alternatives for Youth office at 303-776-8184.
“The brain chemistry lecture is presented in such a fun and humorous way, the
students really connect with the information. Great job, iTHRIVE.”
PARENT PRESENTATIONS ARE ALSO AVAILABLE
AFY staff conduct presentations to Parent Groups, be it through a school or through other agencies....or for a neighborhood group of concerned parents. The presentation covers:
- Brian chemistry - How substances effect the teenage brain and body
- What to look for if you are concerned about your teen using substances
- What parents can do to steer their child away from substance use
To Schedule A Presentation For Your Parent Group, please call the AFY office at 303-776-8184.
“Wow! I learned so much about how marijuana negatively affects the teenage brain. Scary! And I loved the tips I got on how to keep my kids away from drugs. Great information!”